|Jim Collins provides us with reminders of how easily we can slip into a Valley of Death Some of these I have experienced or committed myself.|
|The 5 stages of decline are:|
1. Hubris Born of Success – One of the key drivers of failure is success without humility. This phenomenon tricks a leader into thinking he can do no wrong.
2. Undisciplined Pursuit of More – Most businesses die or struggle from indigestion, not starvation.
3. Denial of Risk and Peril – When we are too often looking down and not out, we can be caught unawares. Blockbuster, Xerox, IBM, Nokia, Microsoft under Ballmer are cautionary tales.
4. Grasping for Salvation – This is where undisciplined decision making happens far too often.
5. Capitulation to Irrelevance or Death – Often, this happens so far in the future that you blame external forces when it was an internal decision or two made long ago that started the inevitable slide to oblivion
Fear not! I have provided a checklist (Further, Faster Checklist link below) and an entire book (free pdf or paid version) dedicated to avoiding these stages of decline. Enjoy!
|Further Faster Checklist|
Bill – Certified Growth Coach, Foundations in NeuroLeadership certified, PI Certified Partner, MG100 member coach
For MA companies ONLY, as an approved Training and Development provider, Catalyst Growth Advisors can offer up to 50% off program fees. Click here to see if you qualify.
Please click here to download the free pdf version of my book Further, Faster – The Vital Few Steps that Take the Guesswork out of Growth. There is also a link to Amazon for the audio, e-book or paperback versions.