|This brief article outlining much of and confirming the work I do is heartening. |
Here is the list (my favorites are in bold):
1. Remote workers can have higher engagement than in-office workers — when they receive frequent feedback from their manager.
2. Employee engagement is an even stronger predictor of performance during tough economic times.
3. Management has a stronger influence on burnout than hours worked.
4. Most performance management systems are too slow and rigid to handle an uncertain, ever-changing marketplace.
5. Although leaders may fear being micromanagers, most employees receive far too little feedback — and even those who receive negative feedback would prefer to get more.
6. If your employees don’t know what makes your brand unique, your customers won’t either.
7. Workplace burnout is reduced to near zero among engaged employees with high well-being who also work in a culture that honors individual strengths.
Leader bottom line
– Provide loving attention combined with establishing and holding people to the “standard”.
– Find and reinforce individual brilliance.
– Remind far more often than you instruct.
– Create an atmosphere of autonomy (One rule goal – “Do what is best for the customer and the company).
Please read the whole article here.
Bill – Certified Growth Coach, Foundations in NeuroLeadership certified, PI Certified Partner, MG100 member coach
For MA companies ONLY, as an approved Training and Development provider, Catalyst Growth Advisors can offer up to 50% off program fees. Click here to see if you qualify.
Please click here to download the free pdf version of my book Further, Faster – The Vital Few Steps that Take the Guesswork out of Growth. There is also a link to Amazon for the audio, e-book or paperback versions.